Close
Share on
Foscam FI9828P
Foscam FI9828P
2 Images

Loading image...

Foscam FI9828P Webcam

$249.72
$199.99 $49.73 cheaper than 67 days ago
1.3MP 1280 X 960 Clip Firewire (IEEE 1394) May 2015
Megapixel Maximum Video Resolution Mounting Type Interface Release Date
Average user reviews
Easy to use
Good size
29 Reviews
eBay $199.99 Go to Store
foscamofficial $199.99 Go to Store
shopsalesave $284.66 Go to Store
See All 10 Prices from 4 Stores | $199.99 - $337.49 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by $49.73 (20%)

The price has dropped from $249.72 to $199.99 in the last 67 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 87% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 13% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Reviews

Average User Reviews

Users have rated this Foscam webcam on average 77%.

Foscam Webcams Have Good Reviews

We checked 812 owner and expert reviews (including 168 verified purchases) for Foscam webcams and found that on average Foscam has good ratings compared to other manufacturers. We also found that Foscam has good ratings specifically within its webcams range. 84% of those that bought a Foscam webcam would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Design

Easy to Use

Three customers who purchased this webcam considered that it was easy to setup. Atkinra wrote in their review “Easy to set up and picture quality is very good”. Mr W. rated it 80 out of 100 and he said “Auto overwrite when full) Easy to set up for internet access” in his Foscam FI9828P review. Rob Ward mentioned on Amazon this month “Really easy to set up and the picture is really sharp” in his Foscam FI9828P review.

Two Foscam FI9828P reviewers who purchased it agreed that it was easy to use. Two years ago April Smart gave the Foscam FI9828P a rating of 5 stars and she wrote on Amazon “Superb night vision, very good range, easy to control” in her review of this webcam. Atkinra said in their review of this webcam “Easy to use across the internet”.

One Foscam FI9828P owner who reviewed the Foscam FI9828P wrote that it was easy to use the menus. Antonio Ramos wrote on Amazon two years ago “Connect, easy to manage, easy to understand settings with dnns that works right away”.

Read more Less

Good Product Quality

A few customers who purchased it agreed that it was good quality. In October last year Ian B. said on Amazon “Great quality ! Would buy again”. Ian B. also mentioned “Great quality, reasonably easy install if you know how to configure your router”. Mjirvine said “Nice quality picture” and gave it an excellent review.

Robust

Several people who reviewed it reckoned that it was well made. Antonio Ramos mentioned in his Foscam FI9828P review on Amazon two years ago “Well built/sturdy, easy to mount” and gave it a score of 5 stars. One Foscam FI9828P owner reckoned that it was reliable. Paul said on Amazon “PTZ works nicely and (so far) the reliability is good” in his review of this webcam.

One person who reviewed it reckoned that it was strong and durable.

Read more Less

Has a Built-In Flash

The Foscam FI9828P has a built-in flash. Most of the other webcams that came out more than a year ago do not have a built-in flash.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Poor Design

A number of Foscam FI9828P reviewers who purchased it thought it was not a good design. Jason C mentioned on Amazon this year “Poor software and poor cable design drag down my overall rating” in his review of this webcam. Jason C also mentioned “The unit I received was the "V2" (current) design, though that isn't stated in the description”. Jason C also wrote “Painful design oversight”.


Weight & Dimensions

Good Size

Two Foscam FI9828P owners mentioned in their reviews that the Foscam FI9828P was good structurally. Mr W. wrote “Rugged construction” . Skipperjonce wrote a few weeks ago “Really solid and well made construction”.

One person wrote in their reviews that it was thin. Regular Customer mentioned on Amazon in October this year “Also the lens is too narrow for smaller homes”.

Read more Less

Smart TV

Good Connectivity

One customer who reviewed the Foscam FI9828P considered that it was wifi compatible. Last year Mr W. mentioned “I have not tried wireless so can't comment” and rated the Foscam FI9828P 4 stars.

One Foscam FI9828P owner who reviewed the Foscam FI9828P concluded that it was able to connect to the internet. Ian B. said on Amazon “IOS app also works well for Internet access over dynamic DNS” and gave the product a score of 5 stars.

One customer who reviewed it considered that it was ethernet compatible. Conrad J. mentioned on Amazon “I can assure you it works perfectly on both Ethernet and wireless connections” and scored the product very highly.

Read more Less

Good Picture Quality

One person who bought it wrote that it produced a sharp image.


Support

Good Support

One Foscam FI9828P reviewer who bought it mentioned that it had good technical guidance. Conrad J. he mentioned on Amazon “Foscam software could be a bit more user friendly and the instructions are a bit hard to interoperate”.


Other

Released Over Two Years Ago

Foscam released the FI9828P in April 2017.


Performance

Average Megapixel

The Foscam FI9828P has a relatively typical megapixel (1.3 megapixels) compared to most of the other webcams of this age and type.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

1280 X 960 Pixels Video Resolution

The highest video resolution of the Foscam FI9828P is 1280 x 960 pixels. That's 33% more video resolution than the most frequently found maximum video resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Barcodes 06954836009284, 06954836098684
Feedback