Close
Share on
Samsung UN40H5003
Samsung UN40H5003
16 Images + 11 Videos

Loading image...

Samsung UN40H5003

$220.00
39.5" Full HD Flat 93.98mm Jan 2017
Display Diagonal HD Type Screen Shape Depth Release Date $68.05 Electricity cost over 5 years
User reviews are excellent
Good size
Not good at displaying high definition TV
25 Reviews
eBay $220.00 Go to Store
Best Buy $299.99 Go to Store
Tech For Less $306.49 Go to Store
See All 21 Prices from 14 Stores | $220.00 - $549.99 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Up by 11% (11%)

There was a cheaper price of $239 on eBay 66 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 61% chance that the price will go up further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 39% chance that the price will actually go back down.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.

Chart Hide Chart

Reviews

User Reviews Are Excellent

UN40H5003 owners on average rated this TV as superb. 18 reviewers gave this TV the highest possible rating of 5 stars and 95% of those asked said they would recommend buying it to others. This means that owners think this television is one of the better latest small display diagonal TVs.

Samsung Has Excellent TV Reviews

Based on 32,219 expert and owner reviews (including 3,282 verified purchases), Samsung has excellent reviews for its TVs. Samsung also has excellent reviews specifically for its small display diagonal TVs compared to other manufacturers. 95% of those that bought a Samsung TV would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Weight & Dimensions

Good Size

Two owners wrote in their reviews that it was thin. Stephanie a she mentioned on Bhphotovideo.com two years ago “Sleek and slim and looks great on the wall” in her review of this TV. Three years ago Geo wrote in their review of this TV on Bhphotovideo.com “Easy set up; narrow screen depth allows placement on narrow shelf”.

One owner who reviewed it reckoned that it was heavy and bulky. Anna said “The TV in the bedroom was outdated, big and heavy” in her review of this TV and gave it a rating of the highest possible rating of 5 stars. One person who reviewed it considered that it was thick. Jk wrote in their review of the Samsung UN40H5003 three years ago “It was quite thicker than I expected.”.

One owner who reviewed it concluded that it was lightweight. Goodmigrations rated this TV 4 stars out of 5 and wrote on Bhphotovideo.com “Easy setup, good picture, lightweight and low energy consumption”.

Read more Less

Design

Nice Design

One customer said in their reviews that it was good looking. Birdlord said on Bhphotovideo.com “This unit is for our bedroom and it fits beautifully on the furniture”. One customer mentioned that it was smooth. Birdlord mentioned “A pleasure and smooth”.

Easy to Setup

Two people said in their reviews that this TV was easy to setup. Three years ago Bhphotovideo.com gave it a score of the highest possible rating of 5 stars and mentioned “Easy To Set Up” in their review of this TV. One owner said in their reviews that this TV was easy to use. Bhphotovideo.com gave it a score of a maximum of 5 stars and wrote three years ago “Good Remote Control”.

Good Quality

Six customers who purchased it wrote that it was good quality. Bhphotovideo.com mentioned “Very good picture quality” in their review of this TV and rated the product the highest possible rating of 5 stars. Bhphotovideo.com also wrote “Great Sound Quality” in their review. Birdlord wrote in their review of this TV “Lovely picture and sound quality”.

Robust

One customer wrote in their reviews that it was easy to damage or scratch. Happy Shopper mentioned in their review of the Samsung UN40H5003 on Bhphotovideo.com “Unfortunately the unit arrived damaged”. One customer said that this TV was well made. Jk said “Solid stand”.


Other

Only Released Four Months Ago

This television was only released four months ago.


Features

Good Remote Control

One owner who reviewed the Samsung UN40H5003 considered that it had a good remote control.

Nice Stand

One owner who purchased the product concluded that it had a good stand.


Audio

Good Sound Quality

Three owners said in their reviews that it had good sound quality. The Thurm wrote on Bhphotovideo.com “Good picture, sound” in their review of the Samsung UN40H5003.

Quite High RMS Rated Power

The UN40H5003 has one of the higher RMS rated powers (20 Watts) amongst small display diagonal TVs of this age. Across all the small display diagonal TVs that were released in the last 12 months the RMS rated powers range from 2.5W to 40W.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Power

Good in Terms of Power Usage

Three owners wrote in their reviews that the Samsung UN40H5003 was good in terms of power usage. Bhphotovideo.com wrote “Energy Efficient” and scored it the highest possible rating of 5 stars.


Display

Good Picture Quality

Two owners who purchased it considered that it had good picture quality. One owner who reviewed it considered that it had good colour saturation. Jake mentioned on Bhphotovideo.com “One other thing, colors seem over saturated” nonetheless he only gave this TV a rating of 60 out of 100.

Has a Wide Color Enhancer

The UN40H5003 has a wide color enhancer. Most of the other similar spec televisions that have been around for the last year also have a wide color enhancer.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

1920 X 1080 Pixels Display Resolution

The Samsung UN40H5003 supports a maximum display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. That's 98% more display resolution than a 1366 x 768 pixels television, which is the most common display resolution supported by televisions that were released around the same time as this television.

A 1920 x 1080 pixels display resolution is in fact the best supported display resolution amongst all small display diagonal TVs that are a similar age to this TV.

A 1366 x 768 pixels display resolution is the worst supported display resolution amongst similar types of TV.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Not Good At Displaying High Definition TV

Two customers said in their reviews that this TV was not good at displaying high definition TV. Bhphotovideo.com mentioned “HD Channels” in their review of this TV.

Not 3D

Like most of the other TVs that were released around the same time as this television, the UN40H5003 is not 3D.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Full HD

Full HD

The display resolution of this TV is Full HD, which is typical of many small display diagonal TVs that came out in the last 12 months. Full HD TVs have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.

Full HD TVs have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Has a Game Mode

The UN40H5003 has a game mode, as do most of the other small display diagonal TVs that were released in the last 12 months.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Does Not Support Wi-Fi

Like most of the other small display diagonal TVs that have been on the market for around the same time as this television, the UN40H5003 does not support Wi-Fi.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Does Not Have an Ethernet Port

Like most of the other TVs that have been on the market for the last year, the UN40H5003 does not have an ethernet port.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Smart TV

Does Not Support Smart TV Features

The Samsung UN40H5003 does not support smart TV features, although this is within the context that most of the other new small display diagonal TVs also do not support smart TV features.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Does Not Have an Internet TV Function

Like most of the other small display diagonal TVs that came out in the last 12 months, the Samsung UN40H5003 does not have an internet TV function.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers samsung un40h5003afxzaun40h5003bfxza, samsung rbun40h5003afxza, samsung diagonally1080p, samsung un40h5003afrb, samsung un40h5003bf, brand un40h5003
Barcodes 0008.87276E+11, 00696859937415, 00887276026787, 696859937415R1

Other TVs to Consider

Sony KDL-32W600 vs Samsung UN40H5003

Sony KDL-32W600 vs Samsung UN40H5003
Sony KDL-32W600 Samsung UN40H5003
$ $220.00
Newer by Two Years
180Hz Faster Motion Interpolation Frequency
Vastly Lighter
One More USB 2.0 Port
15W Lower RMS Rated Power
24% Smaller Screen Size
Feedback