Close
Share on
LG 42LN5400
LG 42LN5400
+ 7 Videos

Loading image...

LG 42LN5400

$311.32
42" Full HD Direct-LED Flat Mar 2013
A+
Display Diagonal HD Type LED Backlighting Type Screen Shape Release Date Energy Efficiency Rating
Expert reviews are poor
Inferior picture quality
Does not support Wi-Fi
6 Reviews
eBay $311.32 Go to Store
1 Price from 1 Store | $311.32 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Up by $0.69 (0%)

There was a cheaper price of $310.63 on eBay 47 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 80% chance that the price will go back down. However the future is never certain and there remains a 20% chance that the price will actually go up further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


Reviews

LG Televisions Have Good Reviews

We checked 8,960 expert and owner reviews (including 911 verified purchases) for LG TVs and found that on average LG has good reviews compared to other brands. We also found that LG has good reviews specifically within its medium display diagonal TVs range. 97% of those that bought a LG television would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.

Expert Reviews Are Poor

On average, based on four expert reviews from sites including Digital Versus, reviewed.com, Les Numeriques.com and lcdtvbuyingguide.com this television has an overall expert rating of 51 out of 100. This puts this TV in the bottom 3% of all the TVs of this spec and age when ranked by average expert review score.


Display

Good High Def TV

One customer said in their reviews that this TV was good at displaying high definition TV. Four years ago expert review site Lcdtvbuyingguide.com wrote “The LN5400 series displays at full HD resolution with a 120Hz panel for fast action playback”.

Full HD

Full HD

The display resolution of this television is Full HD, which is the most frequently found HD type on televisions of this type and age. Full HD TVs have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.

Full HD TVs have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

1920 X 1080 Pixels Display Resolution

This TV supports a display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which is typical of many medium display diagonal TVs that are a comparable age to it.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Inferior Picture Quality

One person who reviewed this TV considered that it did not have a good contrast ratio. Three years ago Digitalversus.com said on expert website Digital Versus “The LG LN5400 is held back by its IPS display, which makes for low contrast and a poor response time”.

Not 3D

The LG 42LN5400 is not 3D, although it is worth keeping in mind that most of the other televisions that were launched around the same time as this television are also not 3D.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Audio

Has an Equalizer

The LG 42LN5400 has an equalizer. Most of the other medium display diagonal TVs that have been around for more than two years also have an equalizer.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Has an HDCP

The LG 42LN5400 has an HDCP, as do most of the other televisions of this spec and age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Has an Energy Star Certified

The 42LN5400 has an energy Star certified. Most of the other medium display diagonal TVs that were launched more than two years ago also have an energy Star certified.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Does Not Support Wi-Fi

The 42LN5400 does not support Wi-Fi. Most of the other medium display diagonal TVs that have been around for a similar time to this TV do support Wi-Fi.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Does Not Have an Ethernet Port

The 42LN5400 does not have an ethernet port, unlike most of the other medium display diagonal TVs that have been on the market for a similar time to this television which have an ethernet port.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Smart TV

Does Not Support Smart TV Features

The LG 42LN5400 does not support smart TV features, unlike most of the other TVs of this spec and age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Does Not Have an Internet TV Function

The LG 42LN5400 does not have an internet TV function. Most of the other comparable spec TVs that were released more than two years ago do have an internet TV function.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Other

Released Over Four Years Ago

It was April 2017 when this TV was released.

Product Identifiers

Barcodes 00719192588370, 05053973185620, 08806084181770, 08806084181824, 08806084181831, 08806084339164
Feedback