Close
Share on
Viewsonic PJD8653WS
Viewsonic PJD8653WS
8 Images

Loading image...

Viewsonic PJD8653WS Projector

$1,269.12
$1,200.00 $69.12 cheaper than 14 days ago
15000:1 WXGA (1280x800) 34dB 2,600 ANSI Lumens Feb 2013
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution Noise Level Projector Brightness Release Date $78.30 Electricity cost over 5 years
Good high def TV
Poor expert reviews
Difficult to use
eBay $1,200.00 Go to Store
PC Rush $1,269.84 Go to Store
fastimportusa $1,283.67 Go to Store
See All 3 Prices from 3 Stores | $1,200.00 - $1,283.67 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by $69.12 (5%)

The price has dropped from $1,269.12 to $1,200 in the last 14 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 46% chance that the price will go down further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 54% chance that the price will actually go back up.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Reviews

Excellent Brand

We checked 686 owner and expert reviews (including 12 verified purchases) for Viewsonic data projectors and found that on average Viewsonic has excellent reviews compared to other manufacturers. We also found that Viewsonic has excellent reviews specifically within its 15000:1 contrast ratio projectors range. 100% of those that bought a Viewsonic data projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.

Poor Expert Reviews

This multimedia projector has an average expert rating of 60% based on two expert reviews from sites including Digital Versus and Les Numeriques.com. If all the projectors of this spec and age are ranked by average expert review score then this data projector is in the bottom 6%.


Good High Def TV

One customer reckoned that it was good at displaying high definition TV. Expert review site Digitalversus.com mentioned in their Viewsonic PJD8653WS review “The ViewSonic PJD8653ws is a HD projector (1280 x 800 pixels) with an ultra-short throw distance”.


Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Viewsonic PJD8653WS has a built-in speaker(s), as do most of the other 15000:1 contrast ratio projectors that were released more than two years ago.

There are a number of alternative projectors with a built-in speaker(s) currently available which you might want to look at including the PJD8633, or the PJD7533 both from Viewsonic or the Optoma X401 ($1,049.00) which has better reviews.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

WXGA (1280x800) Resolution

The highest resolution of the PJD8653WS is WXGA (1280x800). That's 30% more resolution than the most frequently found projector native resolution of XGA (1024x768). The worst resolution of all projectors of this spec and age is SVGA (800x600) and the best is WUXGA (1920x1200).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Dim Projector Brightness

With a projector brightness of only 2,600 ANSI lumens, the PJD8653WS has a quite dim projector brightness compared to most of the other 15000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been on the market for more than two years. The dimmest projector brightness of 15000:1 contrast ratio projectors that were released more than two years ago is 700 ANSI lumens and the brightest is 11,000 ANSI lumens.

If this Viewsonic projector projector brightness is too dim for you then you might want to consider the PJD6383S (3,000 ANSI lumens), or the PJD8633 (3,000 ANSI lumens) both from Viewsonic or the Epson EB-536Wi (3,400 ANSI lumens) which also has a higher rating.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Has an Ethernet LAN

The Viewsonic PJD8653WS has an Ethernet LAN. Most of the other 15000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been on the market for a similar time to this projector do not have an Ethernet LAN.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Has an On Screen Display (OSD)

The Viewsonic PJD8653WS has an On Screen Display (OSD), as do most of the other comparable spec multimedia projectors that have been available for a similar time to this multimedia projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Average Noise Level

At 34 decibels, the Viewsonic PJD8653WS has a pretty average noise level compared to most of the other data projectors of this age and type.

We think you might also be interested in some of the alternative 34dB noise level projectors currently available including because of it's better review score, the PJD8333 ($999.99), or the PJD6544W both from Viewsonic.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The PJD8653WS has a handheld remote control. Most of the other projectors of this type and age also have a handheld remote control.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Design

Difficult to Use

One person mentioned in their reviews that the Viewsonic PJD8653WS was not easy to use. Expert website Digitalversus.com wrote in their review of this projector “It can display a two-metre-wide image at just 63 cm from the wall or screen, making it an interesting option for rooms where there's not enough space to use a s”.


Video

Does Not Support Full HD

The Viewsonic PJD8653WS does not support full HD, although keep in mind that most of the other data projectors of a comparable spec and age to this multimedia projector also do not support full HD.

It is worth considering other data projectors which also support full HD including the Viewsonic PJD8633 which also has a higher rating.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

The PJD8653WS does not have a DVI port, although keep in mind that most of the other data projectors of a similar age and spec to this multimedia projector also do not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Other

Released Over Four Years Ago

It was April 2017 when this Viewsonic projector was released.

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers viewsonic pjd8653wspjpen003
Barcodes 00617407473766, 00684646137674, 00766907667516, 00801049954695, 00803982783424, 00809392589915, 05054484247807, 05054533247802, 07669076675166

Other Projectors to Consider

PJD5134 vs PJD8653WS

Viewsonic PJD5134 vs Viewsonic PJD8653WS
Viewsonic PJD5134 Viewsonic PJD8653WS
$ 349.99 $1,200.00
$850 Cheaper
Four Times Shorter
3x Lighter
Higher Resolution
14W Lower RMS Rated Power
Only One Audio in Port

Infocus IN122A vs Viewsonic PJD8653WS

Infocus IN122A vs Viewsonic PJD8653WS
Infocus IN122A Viewsonic PJD8653WS
$ 419.00 $1,200.00
$781 Cheaper
Shorter
Vastly Lighter
Higher Number of Colours
Only One Built-In Speaker
Seven Times Lower RMS Rated Power

Infocus IN124 vs Viewsonic PJD8653WS

Infocus IN124 vs Viewsonic PJD8653WS
Infocus IN124 Viewsonic PJD8653WS
$ 469.00 $1,200.00
$731 Cheaper
123mm Shallower
Two Times Lighter
Vastly Higher Number of Colours
One Less Built-In Speaker
7x Lower RMS Rated Power
Feedback