Close
Share on
Sony VPLHW65ES
Sony VPL-HW65
7 Images + 1 Video

Loading image...

Sony VPLHW65ES Projector

$3,999.98
$2,599.00 $1,400.98 cheaper than 41 days ago
120000:1 1080p (1920x1080) 22dB Sep 2015
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution 3D Noise Level Release Date $77.62 Electricity cost over 5 years
Sony has excellent reviews for its data projectors
Good high def TV
Does not have a built-in speaker(s)
3 Reviews
Best Buy $2,999.98 Go to Store
Overstock $3,997.99 Go to Store
eBay $6,999.99 Go to Store
See All 11 Prices from 11 Stores | $2,599.00 - $6,999.99 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by $1,400.98 (35%)

The price has dropped from $3,999.98 to $2,599 in the last 41 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 58% chance that the price will go down further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 42% chance that the price will actually go back up.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Reviews

Sony Has Excellent Reviews for Its Data Projectors

We checked 502 owner and expert reviews (including 65 verified purchases) for Sony projectors and found that on average Sony has excellent ratings compared to other manufacturers. We also found that Sony has excellent ratings specifically for its 120000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors. 91% of those that bought a Sony projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Good High Def TV

One person who reviewed it concluded that it was good at displaying high definition TV. Amazon Customer mentioned on Amazon “Very good for 1080p HD”.

Good Picture Quality

One customer wrote in their reviews that it had a flickering image. Freebo scored this projector 4 stars and mentioned “I'm not the only one seeing problems, this reviewer has 3D flicker http” in their review of this projector.

Good 3D Picture Quality

One owner who reviewed it considered that it had a good 3D picture quality.


Video

Supports Full HD

The VPL-HW65 supports full HD. Most of the other projectors of this age and spec also support full HD.

We compared all the other projectors which support full HD to this projector and we think the Canon LX-MU500 which is cheaper; or the Canon WUX500 which has better reviews are also worth considering.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

1080p (1920x1080) Resolution

This multimedia projector has a projector native resolution of 1080p (1920x1080), which is the most frequently found projector native resolution on data projectors of this age and spec.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Dim Projector Brightness

Across all the multimedia projectors that are a similar age to this projector the projector brightnesses range from 37 ANSI lumens to 7,500 ANSI lumens. At only 1,800 ANSI lumen, the Sony VPL-HW65 has a fairly dim projector brightness compared to most of the other data projectors that are a similar age to this multimedia projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Has an Ethernet LAN

The VPL-HW65 has an Ethernet LAN, as do most of the other data projectors that have been on the market for around the same time as this projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Has an On Screen Display (OSD)

The Sony VPL-HW65 has an On Screen Display (OSD). Most of the other projectors of a comparable spec and age to this multimedia projector also have an On Screen Display (OSD).

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Average Noise Level

With a noise level of 22 decibels, the Sony VPL-HW65 has a fairly typical noise level compared to most of the other comparable spec projectors that have been available for around the same time as this projector.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The VPL-HW65 has a handheld remote control, as do most of the other comparable spec multimedia projectors that are a similar age to this projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lamps

Quite Long Service Life of Lamp

The shortest service life of lamp of projectors of this type and age is 2,000h and the longest is 30,000h. The VPL-HW65 has a quite long service life of lamp (6,000 hours) compared to most of the other data projectors that were released one year ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Multimedia

Does Not Have a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Sony VPL-HW65 does not have a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other similar spec projectors that were released more than a year ago do have a built-in speaker(s).

It is worth also looking at other projectors which also have a built-in speaker(s) including the Benq SX930 ($3,595), or the Canon LX-MU500; or the Canon WUX500.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Not Energy Star Certified

The Sony VPL-HW65 is not Energy Star certified. Most of the other comparable spec projectors that are a similar age to this projector are also not Energy Star certified.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

Like most of the other similar spec projectors that came out more than a year ago, the VPL-HW65 does not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Other

Released Over a Year Ago

Sony released the VPL-HW65 in April 2017.


Product Identifiers

Barcodes 04548736013391, 04548736013407

Other Projectors to Consider

Acer P1185

Acer
P1185

$ 312.61
$2,286 Cheaper
Vastly shallower
2x shorter
Only one HDMI port
$2,228 Cheaper
Lighter
One more component video in port
2,000h shorter lamp service life
$2,110 Cheaper
Vastly lighter
A lot brighter projector brightness
30% louder noise level
Feedback