Close
Share on
Sony VPLHW40ES
Sony VPL-HW40ES
8 Images + 4 Videos

Loading image...

Sony VPLHW40ES Projector

$2,399.99
120000:1 1080p (1920x1080) 21dB Dec 2014
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution 3D Noise Level Release Date
Sony multimedia projectors have excellent reviews
Supports full HD
Has an Ethernet LAN
292 Reviews + 12 Awards
Digital Versus 5 Star Trusted Reviews Recommended insideci.co.uk Recommended Expert Reviews Recommended
eBay $2,399.99 Go to Store
1 Price from 1 Store | $2,399.99 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Up by 35% (35%)

There was a cheaper price of $1,563.03 on eBay 87 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 72% chance that the price will go up further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 28% chance that the price will actually go back down.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


Reviews

Sony Multimedia Projectors Have Excellent Reviews

We checked 502 expert and user reviews (including 65 verified purchases) for Sony multimedia projectors and found that on average Sony has excellent reviews compared to other brands. We also found that Sony has excellent reviews specifically for its 120000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors. 91% of those that bought a Sony projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Video

Supports Full HD

The Sony VPL-HW40ES supports full HD, as do most of the other similar spec projectors that are a comparable age to this projector.

We compared all the other multimedia projectors which support full HD to this projector and we think because of it's better review score, the Epson EH-TW7200 is also worth considering.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Has an Ethernet LAN

The Sony VPL-HW40ES has an Ethernet LAN, unlike most of the other 120000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors that were launched around the same time as this data projector which do not have an Ethernet LAN.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The Sony VPL-HW40ES has a handheld remote control, as do most of the other multimedia projectors that are a similar age to this multimedia projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

Like most of the other comparable spec multimedia projectors that are a similar age to this projector, the Sony VPL-HW40ES does not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Other

Released Over Two Years Ago

It was April 2017 when this Sony projector was released.


Projector

1080p (1920x1080) Resolution

This data projector has a projector native resolution of 1080p (1920x1080), which is the most commonly found projector native resolution on similar spec multimedia projectors that have been around for more than two years.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Average Projector Brightness

The Sony VPL-HW40ES has a pretty standard projector brightness (1,700 ANSI lumen) compared to most of the other projectors of this spec and age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Average Noise Level

With a noise level of 21 decibels, the VPL-HW40ES has a relatively standard noise level compared to most of the other projectors of a comparable age and type to this projector.

If you would consider a data projector with a louder noise level then you might want to look at the Epson EH-TW7200 (32dB) which is also higher rated.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers arcamastell vplhw40es, acoustic vplhw40es, audioquest hw40es, anthem vplhw40es, sony vplhw40esb, sony vplhw40esw, sony 1920x1080, anthem 3n1pjt, sony hw40esb
Barcodes 00027242879171, 00027242879188, 00272428791888, 04905524973488, 04905524976021, 05054484605034, 05054533605039, 05054629438213

Other Projectors to Consider

Optoma W320UST vs Sony VPL-HW40ES

Optoma W320UST vs Sony VPL-HW40ES
Optoma W320UST Sony VPL-HW40ES
$ 1,299.00 $2,399.99
$1,101 Cheaper
Vastly Brighter Projector Brightness
Two HDMI Ports
Two VGA (D-Sub) Ports
Does Not Support Full HD Projection

Optoma EH320UST vs Sony VPL-HW40ES

Optoma EH320UST vs Sony VPL-HW40ES
Optoma EH320UST Sony VPL-HW40ES
$ 1,528.58 $2,399.99
$871 Cheaper
Two More VGA (D-Sub) Ports
58% Brighter Projector Brightness
One More HDMI Port
Appreciably Lower Expert Review Score

Optoma EH319UST vs Sony VPL-HW40ES

Optoma EH319UST vs Sony VPL-HW40ES
Optoma EH319UST Sony VPL-HW40ES
$ 1,499.00 $2,399.99
$901 Cheaper
Significantly Brighter Projector Brightness
Two VGA (D-Sub) Ports
Two HDMI Ports
Feedback