Close
Share on
Sony VPLFHZ55W
Sony VPL-FHZ55
7 Images + 3 Videos

Loading image...

Sony VPLFHZ55W Projector

$2,999.99
$2,499.99 $500.00 cheaper than 20 days ago
8000:1 1080p (1920x1080) 40dB 4,000 ANSI Lumens Jun 2013
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution Noise Level Projector Brightness Release Date
Three industry awards
Not good in terms of size
Redundant buttons on remote
7 Reviews + 3 Awards
benchmark.pl Great Quality techradar.com/au/ Recommended Techradar Recommended
eBay $2,499.99 Go to Store
Factory Outlet Store $5,079.95 Go to Store
Buy.Direct Trading Inc $3,899.00 Go to Store
See All 5 Prices from 3 Stores | $2,499.99 - $6,750.00 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Reviews

Three Industry Awards

Expert review sites really like this Sony multimedia projector and have given it three awards.

The experts at review websites Techradar and Techradar.com/au/ both concluded that concluded that they would endorse this 8000:1 contrast ratio projector and gave it their "Recommended" award.

Benchmark.pl gave this multimedia projector a "Great Quality" award.

Read more Less

Good Expert Reviews

On average, based on four expert reviews from sites including Techradar, benchmark.pl, dobreprogramy.pl and techradar.com/au/ this 8000:1 contrast ratio projector has an overall expert rating of 88%. Experts think this data projector is one of the very best data projectors of a similar age and type.

Excellent Brand

Sony is one of the best multimedia projector brands according to average expert and user review score data that we have collected for all data projectors. 100% of those that bought a Sony multimedia projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Full HD, Resolution

One customer thought it was good at displaying high definition TV. Techradar said “Full HD, resolution” .

Good Sound Quality

One person who reviewed it wrote that it had good sound quality.

Excellent Color Saturation Overall Image With Any Resolution

Two customers who reviewed the product agreed that it had good colour saturation. Projectorreviews.com wrote “Excellent color saturation and overall image with any resolution”.

Redundant Buttons On Remote

One customer who bought the Sony VPL-FHZ55 considered that it did not have a good remote control. Techradar mentioned “Redundant buttons on remote” in their review of this projector.


Video

Supports Full HD

The VPL-FHZ55 supports full HD, unlike most of the other data projectors that came out around the same time as this data projector which do not support full HD.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

1080p (1920x1080) Resolution

This projector has a projector native resolution of 1080p (1920x1080), which is typical of many projectors of a similar age and type to it.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Average Projector Brightness

At 4,000 ANSI lumens, the Sony VPL-FHZ55 has a fairly average projector brightness compared to most of the other multimedia projectors of this age and spec.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Weight & Dimensions

Very Large and Heavy

Two owners wrote in their reviews that it was heavy and bulky. Techradar said “Very large and heavy” in their review of the Sony VPL-FHZ55.

Four years ago Techradar.com wrote on expert review site Techradar “The first thing to notice, though, is that this is a weighty product, designed for semi-permanent installations in educational”.

Read more Less

Not Good in Terms of Size

Two owners wrote in their reviews that it was heavy and bulky. Techradar said “Very large and heavy” in their review of the Sony VPL-FHZ55. Four years ago Techradar.com wrote on expert review site Techradar “The first thing to notice, though, is that this is a weighty product, designed for semi-permanent installations in educational”.


Ports & Interfaces

Has a DVI Port

The VPL-FHZ55 has a DVI port, unlike most of the other 8000:1 contrast ratio data projectors that have been on the market for around the same time as this projector which do not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Has an Ethernet LAN

The VPL-FHZ55 has an Ethernet LAN. Most of the other projectors of a comparable type and age to this projector also have an Ethernet LAN.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Has an On Screen Display (OSD)

The VPL-FHZ55 has an On Screen Display (OSD), as do most of the other 8000:1 contrast ratio data projectors that were launched more than two years ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Very Loud Noise Level

Projectors of this age and spec have noise levels of between 33dB and 40dB. The VPL-FHZ55 has one of the loudest noise levels (40 decibels) amongst 8000:1 contrast ratio data projectors of this age.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The Sony VPL-FHZ55 has a handheld remote control, as do most of the other 8000:1 contrast ratio data projectors that have been around for around the same time as this data projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lamps

Very Long Service Life of Lamp

The average service life of lamp of projectors of a similar spec and age to this projector is 5,100h. With a service life of lamp of 20,000 hours, the VPL-FHZ55 has one of the longest service life of lamps amongst comparable spec projectors of this age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Price

Price Has Gone Down by $500 (17%)

The price has dropped from $2,999.99 to $2,499.99 in the last 20 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 49% chance that the price will go down further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 51% chance that the price will actually go back up. Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.

Chart Hide Chart

Features

Lacks Wireless Features and Apps

One customer who reviewed the product said that it did not have good features. Four years ago Techradar wrote in their review of this projector “Lacks wireless features and apps”.


Other

Released Over Four Years Ago

This Sony data projector was released in April 2017.

Product Identifiers

Barcodes 04053162599253, 04905524936025

Other Projectors to Consider

Panasonic PT-CW331 vs Sony VPL-FHZ55

Panasonic PT-CW331 vs Sony VPL-FHZ55
Panasonic PT-CW331 Sony VPL-FHZ55
$ 1,702.95 $2,499.99
$797 Cheaper
Two More VGA (D-Sub) Ports
42% Lighter
33% Shallower
116mm Taller
Dimmer Projector Brightness

Panasonic PT-CX301 vs Sony VPL-FHZ55

Panasonic PT-CX301 vs Sony VPL-FHZ55
Panasonic PT-CX301 Sony VPL-FHZ55
$ 779.00 $2,499.99
$1,721 Cheaper
Three VGA (D-Sub) Ports
3.2kg Lighter
120mm Shallower
Significantly Shorter Lamp Service Life
Taller

Panasonic PT-CW240 vs Sony VPL-FHZ55

Panasonic PT-CW240 vs Sony VPL-FHZ55
Panasonic PT-CW240 Sony VPL-FHZ55
$ 449.00 $2,499.99
$2,051 Cheaper
Two More VGA (D-Sub) Ports
Lighter
Three Months Newer
54% Dimmer Projector Brightness
Does Not Have a DVI Port
Feedback