Close
Share on
Optoma W316ST
Optoma W316ST
20 Images + 1 Video

Loading image...

Optoma W316ST Projector

$899.00
$799.00 $100.00 cheaper than 18 days ago
15000:1 WXGA (1280x800) 29dB Jan 2015
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution 3D Noise Level Release Date $59.45 Electricity cost over 5 years
Running costs are low
Optoma multimedia projectors have good reviews
Nice design
Overstock $899.00 Go to Store
Best Buy $899.99 Go to Store
B&H Photo $799.00 Go to Store
See All 4 Prices from 4 Stores | $799.00 - $899.99 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by $100 (11%)

The price has dropped from $899 to $799 in the last 18 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 88% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 12% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Reviews

Optoma Multimedia Projectors Have Good Reviews

We checked 1,872 expert and owner reviews (including 23 verified purchases) for Optoma projectors and found that on average Optoma has good reviews. We also found that Optoma has good reviews specifically for its 15000:1 contrast ratio projectors. 90% of those that bought a Optoma projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Design

Nice Design

One Optoma W316ST owner who reviewed the product said that it was good looking. One Optoma W316ST owner who reviewed this projector reckoned that it was a good design.

Easy to Use

One customer said in their reviews that it was easy to use the menus. Expert website Techworld.com said “Images are bold and colourful, while the menu design and functionality is also good” in their Optoma W316ST review.

Ceiling Mountable

The Optoma W316ST is ceiling mountable, as are most of the other data projectors of this age and spec.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Weight & Dimensions

Good Size

One Optoma W316ST owner who reviewed the Optoma W316ST thought it was thin. Techworld.com wrote in their review “Most of today's business projectors try to be slim and svelte, blending beautifully into the background, even if their hardware capabilities fall considerably short of impressing” .


Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Optoma W316ST has a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other multimedia projectors of this age and spec also have a built-in speaker(s).

We compared all the other projectors with a built-in speaker(s) to this data projector and we think the Viewsonic PJD6543W which is cheaper; or the Viewsonic PJD6683WS ($799.99) which has better reviews are also worth considering.

We compared this projector to all the other projectors with a built-in speaker(s) and we think the Infocus IN124 ($469) is also worth considering.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

WXGA (1280x800) Resolution

The highest resolution of the Optoma W316ST is WXGA (1280x800). That's 30% more resolution than the most frequently found projector native resolution of XGA (1024x768). The worst resolution of all projectors of a similar age and type to this data projector is SVGA (800x600) and the best is WUXGA (1920x1200).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Average Projector Brightness

At 3,400 ANSI lumens, the Optoma W316ST has a pretty typical projector brightness compared to most of the other similar spec data projectors that have been available for around the same time as this data projector.

If you would prefer a brighter projector brightness then you might want to look at the Infocus IN124 ($469) (3,500 ANSI lumens).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Has an On Screen Display (OSD)

The Optoma W316ST has an On Screen Display (OSD). Most of the other multimedia projectors of this type and age also have an On Screen Display (OSD).

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Quiet Noise Level

At only 29 decibels, the Optoma W316ST has a quite quiet noise level compared to most of the other projectors of this age and spec. The quietest noise level of multimedia projectors that have been on the market for a similar time to this multimedia projector is 24dB and the loudest is 40dB.

If you would consider a projector with a louder noise level then you might want to look at the Viewsonic PJD6543W (32dB and cheaper).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

RoHS Compliance

RoHS compliance

The Optoma W316ST is RoHS compliance. Most of the other projectors that have been around for around the same time as this projector also are RoHS compliance.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Carrying Case

The Optoma W316ST has a carrying case, as do most of the other comparable spec projectors that were launched around the same time as this projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The Optoma W316ST has a handheld remote control. Most of the other 15000:1 contrast ratio projectors that are a comparable age to this multimedia projector also have a handheld remote control.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lamps

Fairly Long Service Life of Lamp

The Optoma W316ST has a fairly long service life of lamp (10,000 hours) compared to most of the other projectors of a comparable age and spec to this multimedia projector. The shortest service life of lamp of similar spec multimedia projectors that were released around the same time as this projector is 2,000h and the longest is 30,000h.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Video

Does Not Support Full HD

The Optoma W316ST does not support full HD, although it is worth noting that most of the other 15000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been around for around the same time as this multimedia projector also do not support full HD.

Alternative data projectors which also support full HD that you might want to look at include the Viewsonic PJD6683WS ($799.99) which is also higher rated.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

Like most of the other data projectors of this age and spec, the Optoma W316ST does not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Other

Released Over Two Years Ago

It was April 2017 when this projector was released.


Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers optoma 958wr01gc0e, optoma op04926ean, optoma vp769461
Barcodes 00513011267145, 00516922506327, 00796435418984, 00796435419172, 00807320302544, 03609740141324, 05060059049264, 05060059049912, 07964354189848, 07964354191728

Other Projectors to Consider

Epson 1284

Epson
1284

$ 799.65
One more USB 2.0 port
Two HDMI ports
35% shorter
$1 More Expensive
Epson VS240

Epson
VS240

$ 275.00
$524 Cheaper
Two USB 2.0 ports
A lot shorter
Two less VGA (D-Sub) ports
Infocus IN3138

Infocus
IN3138

$ 899.00
Significantly shallower
Two HDMI ports
27% bigger optical zoom
$100 More Expensive
Epson VS340

Epson
VS340

$ 378.61
$420 Cheaper
Two USB 2.0 ports
A lot shorter
Two less VGA (D-Sub) ports
Epson VS345

Epson
VS345

$ 430.89
$368 Cheaper
One more USB 2.0 port
34% shorter
Only one VGA (D-Sub) port
Optoma W415e

Optoma
W415e

$ 999.99
Two HDMI ports
25% bigger lamp power
900 ANSI lumens brighter projector brightness
$201 More Expensive
Feedback