Close
Share on
Epson PowerLite 965
Epson PowerLite 965
4 Images

Loading image...

Epson PowerLite 965 Projector

$876.00
$799.99 $76.01 cheaper than 25 days ago
10000:1 XGA (1024x768) 37dB 3,500 ANSI Lumens Sep 2013
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution Noise Level Projector Brightness Release Date $74.81 Electricity cost over 5 years
Epson has good reviews for its multimedia projectors
Has a built-in speaker(s)
Does not support full HD
PC Mag Editor's Choice
eBay $799.99 Go to Store
1 Price from 1 Store | $799.99 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Reviews

Epson Has Good Reviews for Its Multimedia Projectors

Based on 887 expert and user reviews (including 30 verified purchases), Epson has good ratings for its projectors. Epson also has good ratings specifically for its 10000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors. 95% of those that bought a Epson projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The PowerLite 965 has a built-in speaker(s), as do most of the other projectors of a similar type and age to this projector.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

Quite Bright Projector Brightness

The PowerLite 965 has a fairly bright projector brightness (3,500 ANSI lumens) compared to most of the other projectors of this type and age. The projector brightnesses of 10000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors that were released more than two years ago range from 300 ANSI lumens to 20,000 ANSI lumens.

Alternative 3,500 ANSI lumens brightness projectors currently available which you might also want to look at include the Epson EB-X24 which has better reviews.

If this projector projector brightness is too dim for you then you might want to look at the NEC M362 (3,600 ANSI lumens).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

XGA (1024x768) Resolution

The highest resolution of the Epson PowerLite 965 is XGA (1024x768). That's 23% less resolution than a WXGA (1280x800) multimedia projector, which is the most frequently found resolution.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

RoHS Compliance

RoHS compliance

The PowerLite 965 is RoHS compliance, as are most of the other multimedia projectors that are a similar age to this projector.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Has an Ethernet LAN

The PowerLite 965 has an Ethernet LAN. Most of the other multimedia projectors of this spec and age do not have an Ethernet LAN.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Design

Ceiling Mountable

The PowerLite 965 is ceiling mountable. Most of the other projectors that have been on the market for a comparable time to this projector also are ceiling mountable.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The Epson PowerLite 965 has a handheld remote control. Most of the other data projectors of this type and age also have a handheld remote control.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lamps

Fairly Long Service Life of Lamp

The PowerLite 965 has one of the longer service life of lamps (5,000 hours) amongst multimedia projectors of this age. The service life of lamps of 10000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors that have been around for a similar time to this data projector range from 500h to 30,000h.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Small Bulb Power

The bulb powers of multimedia projectors of this spec and age range from 15W to 840W, and the average bulb power is 240W. With a bulb power of only 200 Watts, the Epson PowerLite 965 has one of the smaller bulb powers amongst projectors of this age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Price

Price Has Gone Down by $76.01 (9%)

The price has dropped from $876 to $799.99 in the last 25 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 44% chance that the price will go down further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 56% chance that the price will actually go back up. Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Video

Does Not Support Full HD

The PowerLite 965 does not support full HD, although it is worth keeping in mind that most of the other 10000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors that have been available for more than two years also do not support full HD.

We compared this projector to all the other multimedia projectors with a full HD and we think the Epson Home Cinema 600 which also has a higher rating is also worth considering.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

The PowerLite 965 does not have a DVI port, although keep in mind that most of the other projectors of a comparable spec and age to this data projector also do not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Other

Released Over Three Years Ago

This 10000:1 contrast ratio projector has been on the market since April 2017.


Performance

Average Noise Level

With a noise level of 37 decibels, the PowerLite 965 has a fairly standard noise level compared to most of the other 10000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors that were launched more than two years ago.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers epson v11h583020
Barcodes 00010343910041, 00103439100416, 00682017418025

Other Projectors to Consider

$101 Cheaper
Epson EX3240

Epson
EX3240

$ 299.99
$500 Cheaper
Benq MX768

Benq
MX768

$ 1,387.92
$588 More Expensive
$149 More Expensive
$10 More Expensive
Benq MH740

Benq
MH740

$ 2,874.99
$2,075 More Expensive
Feedback