Close
Share on
Epson 98H
Epson 98H
4 Images

Loading image...

Epson 98H Projector

$561.99
$539.99 $22.00 cheaper than 24 days ago
10000:1 XGA (1024x768) 37dB 3,000 ANSI Lumens Jan 2015
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution Noise Level Projector Brightness Release Date $88.46 Electricity cost over 5 years
Epson has good reviews for its projectors
Price has recently increased by 18%
Does not support full HD
eBay $539.99 Go to Store
Overstock $561.99 Go to Store
B&H Photo $599.00 Go to Store
See All 13 Prices from 11 Stores | $539.99 - $646.98 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by $22 (4%)

The price has dropped from $561.99 to $539.99 in the last 24 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 36% chance that the price will go down further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 64% chance that the price will actually go back up.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Reviews

Epson Has Good Reviews for Its Projectors

Based on 887 owner and expert reviews (including 30 verified purchases), Epson has good ratings for its projectors. Epson also has good ratings specifically within its 10000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors range compared to other manufacturers. 95% of those that bought a Epson multimedia projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Epson 98H has a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other projectors of a similar age and type to this multimedia projector also have a built-in speaker(s).

It may also be worth considering one of the other projectors with a built-in speaker(s) currently available including the Epson EB-W29 which is cheaper; or the Epson PowerLite W29 ($572.99), or the Benq GP3 which has better reviews.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

RoHS Compliance

RoHS compliance

The Epson 98H is RoHS compliance. Most of the other comparable spec projectors that were released more than two years ago also are RoHS compliance.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Has an Ethernet LAN

The Epson 98H has an Ethernet LAN. Most of the other similar spec projectors that have been around for more than two years do not have an Ethernet LAN.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Design

Ceiling Mountable

The Epson 98H is ceiling mountable, as are most of the other similar spec projectors that were launched around the same time as this projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The Epson 98H has a handheld remote control, as do most of the other projectors that came out more than two years ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Video

Does Not Support Full HD

Like most of the other multimedia projectors of a similar type and age to this projector, the Epson 98H does not support full HD.

We compared this projector to all the other projectors with a full HD and we think the Asus B1MR which also has a higher rating is also worth considering.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

The Epson 98H does not have a DVI port, although this is within the context that most of the other multimedia projectors of this type and age also do not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Other

Released Over Two Years Ago

This 10000:1 contrast ratio projector was released in April 2017.


Performance

Average Noise Level

At 37 decibels, the Epson 98H has a fairly standard noise level compared to most of the other projectors of this age and type.

We compared all the other 37dB noise level data projectors to this projector and we think the PowerLite X27 ($419.99), and the PowerLite W29 ($572.99) both from Epson which has better reviews is also worth considering.

Data projectors with a louder noise level that might be worth considering include the Epson EB-955W (37dB).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

Average Projector Brightness

At 3,000 ANSI lumens, the Epson 98H has a pretty typical projector brightness compared to most of the other multimedia projectors of a comparable age and type to this data projector.

We think you might also be interested in some of the other 3,000 ANSI lumens brightness projectors currently available including a cheaper projector such as the Epson EB-W28 or you might consider a higher rated projector such as the Epson PowerLite W29 ($572.99), or the Benq MH680.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

XGA (1024x768) Resolution

The highest resolution of the Epson 98H is XGA (1024x768). That's 23% less resolution than the most common projector native resolution of WXGA (1280x800).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Barcodes 00010343917927

Other Projectors to Consider

Acer K137 vs Epson 98H

Acer K137 vs Epson 98H
Acer K137 Epson 98H
$ 1,099.99 $539.99
45mm Shorter
Two Times Shallower
Lighter
74% Cheaper to Run
$560 More Expensive
Significantly Lower RMS Rated Power

Acer K335 vs Epson 98H

Acer K335 vs Epson 98H
Acer K335 Epson 98H
$ 736.99 $539.99
58% Cheaper to Run
1.4kg Lighter
Significantly Shorter
75% Longer Lamp Service Life
$197 More Expensive
Lower RMS Rated Power

NEC NP-U321H-WK vs Epson 98H

NEC NP-U321H-WK vs Epson 98H
NEC NP-U321H-WK Epson 98H
$ 1,898.69 $539.99
1080p (1920x1080) Resolution
1920 X 1080 (HD 1080) Resolution
Bigger Lamp Power
Lower Power Consumption During PowerSave
$1,359 More Expensive
2x Shorter Service Life of Lamp in Economic Mode
Feedback