Close
Share on
Benq MW705
Benq MW705
20 Images

Loading image...

Benq MW705 Projector

$647.10
13000:1 WXGA (1280x800) 31dB Oct 2015
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution 3D Noise Level Release Date $90.87 Electricity cost over 5 years
Average expert reviews
Easy to use
Does not have good colour saturation
6 Reviews
eBay $740.20 Go to Store
Overstock $749.00 Go to Store
Antonline $647.10 Go to Store
See All 12 Prices from 10 Stores | $647.10 - $895.37 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Up by 35% (35%)

There was a cheaper price of $418.52 on eBay 17 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 82% chance that the price will go back down. However the future is never certain and there remains a 18% chance that the price will actually go up further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


Reviews

Average Expert Reviews

This Benq projector received a rating of 70 out of 100 from expert review site PC Mag.

Benq Has Good Multimedia Projector Reviews

We checked 1,989 expert and user reviews (including 66 verified purchases) for Benq projectors and found that on average Benq has good ratings. We also found that Benq has good ratings specifically within its 13000:1 contrast ratio projectors range. 95% of those that bought a Benq projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Design

Easy to Use

One Benq MW705 reviewer reckoned that this projector was easy to setup. Bevin scored the Benq MW705 8 stars and wrote on Amazon in April last year “Super easy to set-up” in their Benq MW705 review. One Benq MW705 owner who purchased this projector thought it was easy to use.

Good Quality

One customer who purchased this projector considered that it was good quality. Pc Mag wrote in their review of this projector on PC Mag “Near-excellent image quality for data images”.

Well Designed

Two people mentioned in their reviews that the product was well designed. Pc Mag mentioned on PC Mag “Hardy design” in their review of this projector. One Benq MW705 owner who reviewed it thought it was smooth. Pc Mag said “Smooth performer”.

Ceiling Mountable

The Benq MW705 is ceiling mountable, as are most of the other 13000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been around for around the same time as this projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Weight & Dimensions

Good Size

One person who reviewed the product thought it was a good size. Amazon Customer said in their Benq MW705 review “Love the landscape proportions!”.


Good At Displaying Standard Definition TV

One Benq MW705 reviewer mentioned that the Benq MW705 was good at displaying standard definition TV. Pc Mag said “Buona qualit costruttiva, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, espansione micro SD” .

Does Not Have Good Colour Saturation

One Benq MW705 reviewer concluded that it did not have good colour saturation. Pc Mag said in their Benq MW705 review “With data images, some colors are a little dark” . One customer wrote that it did not have clear images. Bevin wrote “This projector had no issue projecting a crisp, clear image w/ hardly any color loss” in their review of the Benq MW705.

Inferior Sound Quality

One customer who bought it wrote that it did not have good sound quality.


Video

Supports Full HD

The Benq MW705 supports full HD. Most of the other projectors of a similar type and age to this projector do not support full HD.

Other multimedia projectors which support full HD currently available which you might also want to consider include the Benq MX631ST ($699) which has better reviews; or the Benq Mx806 which is cheaper.

It is worth also looking at alternative data projectors which also support full HD including the Benq MW571 ($549.99).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Benq MW705 has a built-in speaker(s), as do most of the other projectors of a similar spec and age to this projector.

There are a number of other projectors with a built-in speaker(s) currently available which you might want to consider including the Benq MX631ST ($699) which has better reviews.

There are a number of other projectors which also have a built-in speaker(s) which you might want to look at including the Acer S1283Hne ($459.99), or the Benq MW571 ($549.99).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

Very Bright Projector Brightness

At 4,000 ANSI lumens, the Benq MW705 has a quite bright projector brightness compared to most of the other projectors that have been available for around the same time as this projector. The projector brightnesses of similar spec multimedia projectors that were launched around the same time as this projector range from 3,000 ANSI lumens to 4,000 ANSI lumens.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

WXGA (1280x800) Resolution

The Benq MW705 has a maximum resolution of WXGA (1280x800). That's 30% more resolution than the most common projector native resolution of XGA (1024x768).

This projector's resolution (WXGA (1280x800)) is actually the best resolution across all 13000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been around for more than a year.

Across comparable types of projector the worst resolution is SVGA (800x600).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Has an On Screen Display (OSD)

The Benq MW705 has an On Screen Display (OSD), as do most of the other 13000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been around for more than a year.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Quiet Noise Level

At only 31 decibels, the Benq MW705 has a quite quiet noise level compared to most of the other projectors of this type and age. The quietest noise level of multimedia projectors that are a comparable age to this multimedia projector is 28dB, the loudest is 38dB, and the average noise level is 33dB.

If you don't mind having a louder noise level then you might want to look at the Benq MW632ST ($537.63) (33dB).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Carrying Case

The Benq MW705 has a carrying case, as do most of the other 13000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been on the market for a comparable time to this projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The Benq MW705 has a handheld remote control, as do most of the other projectors that were released around the same time as this data projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Power

Does Not Have a Good Battery Life

One Benq MW705 reviewer who reviewed this projector said that it did not have a good battery life. Pc Mag wrote on PC Mag last year “Crap battery life”.


Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

The Benq MW705 does not have a DVI port, although it is worth keeping in mind that most of the other data projectors that came out around the same time as this projector also do not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lamps

Quite Short Service Life of Lamp

Comparable spec projectors that have been available for more than a year have service life of lamps of between 2,000h and 5,000h. The Benq MW705 has one of the shorter service life of lamps (only 3,000 hours) amongst similar spec data projectors of this age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Other

Released Over a Year Ago

It was April 2017 when Benq released the MW705.


Product Identifiers

Barcodes 00840046033170, 04718755060496, 04718755063718, 08032976103920

Other Projectors to Consider

Benq MX570

Benq
MX570

$ 313.46
$334 Cheaper
80% higher RMS rated power
Bigger zoom ratio
One less HDMI port
Benq MX525

Benq
MX525

$ 2,899.99
Lighter
A lot shorter
One more VGA (D-Sub) port
$2,253 More Expensive
Benq MX723

Benq
MX723

$ 749.00
81% shorter
8W higher RMS rated power
One more USB 2.0 port
$102 More Expensive
Benq MW632ST

Benq
MW632ST

$ 537.63
$109 Cheaper
Higher RMS rated power
Bigger zoom ratio
Nine hundred and ninety-nine times lower number of colours
Benq MS527

Benq
MS527

$ 0.00
Significantly shorter
1.1kg lighter
Three VGA (D-Sub) ports
Only one HDMI port
Benq MX528

Benq
MX528

$ 378.99
$268 Cheaper
Two times shorter
1.1kg lighter
Only one HDMI port
Feedback