Share on
Samsung S29E790C
Samsung S29E790C
17 Images

Loading image...

Samsung S29E790C PC Monitor

29" 2560 X 1080 Mega Contrast LED Jun 2015
Display Diagonal Display Resolution Contrast Ratio (dynamic) Display Release Date $59.73 Electricity cost over 5 years
One industry award
Nice design
Unacceptable noise level
59 Reviews + 1 Award Recommended
eBay $679.90 Go to Store
iMicros $652.49 Go to Store
MP3SuperStore $652.49 Go to Store
See All 4 Prices from 4 Stores | $652.49 - $723.27 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product


Price Has Gone Up by $294.46 (45%)

There was a cheaper price of $358.03 on Amazon US 54 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 74% chance that the price will go back down. However the future is never certain and there remains a 26% chance that the price will actually go up further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


One Industry Award

The author at websites said that concluded that they would recommend this flatpanel monitor and gave it their "Recommended" award.

Excellent Owner Reviews

Based on 57 owner reviews this medium monitor has a marvellous average owner rating. Over 78% of reviewers gave this PC monitor the highest possible rating of 5 stars and 93% of those asked said they would recommend buying it to others.

Samsung PC Displays Have Good Reviews

Based on 5,538 expert and user reviews (including 752 verified purchases), Samsung has good reviews for its PC screens. Samsung also has good reviews specifically within its medium monitors range. 93% of those that bought a Samsung LCD screen would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Nice Design

Eight people thought it was good looking. Peggy76 said in their review of the Samsung S29E790C “The beautiful color and resolution is just what I would expect from Samsung” and scored it 8 stars. Peggy76 also mentioned “Did I mention it is beautiful? Lol LOVE it” in their review. Rohan gave it a score of 8 stars and wrote last year “It is beautiful (my wife too” in their review of this PC monitor.

One customer who bought it wrote that it was ugly. Stevenwhitney said in their review of this PC monitor “Grab a window, drag it around and watch as an ugly ghost trail follows behind it as the pixels on the monitor slowly transition” .

One person thought the product was well designed. Two years ago Fpartida wrote in their review of this PC monitor on “1) It looks great on the desk - slick design, modern aesthetic”.

Read more Less

Good Product Quality

Six owners agreed that it was good quality. Two years ago Scottstang scored it 8 stars and mentioned on “A Good quality monitor especially if you can get it at a discounted price”. Macster20543 scored it 6 stars and wrote also two years ago “This monitor has a great build quality and the adjustability is unrivaled with other competing monitors”. Spakins wrote in their Samsung S29E790C review “I much prefer a high quality monitor”.


Three customers said in their reviews that the product was well made. Two years ago Spakins gave the product a rating of 7 stars and wrote in their review of this PC monitor on “Being built in they don't take up any desk space”. Also two years ago Kolored mentioned “They are best in class for PC Monitors) Good Build Quality Curve is very easy on the eyes” and gave it a score of 8 stars.

One customer who purchased it concluded that it was reliable. Dmgcpa mentioned on two years ago “Quality of Samsung is always reliable and dependable”.

Read more Less

Easy to Use

Two owners who bought the product reckoned that it was easy to setup. Peggy76 mentioned on “Easy to set up and easy to adjust” in their review of the Samsung S29E790C. Loveit gave it a score of 8 stars and said on “Easy to set up, monitor is set on base”.

Two owners who reviewed this PC monitor agreed that it was easy to use. Mike said on “The picture is awesome and there is lots of real estate to use the new OSX split screen function or to use the monitors PIP mode effectively”.

Read more Less

Good Picture Quality

Two customers who reviewed the product concluded that it had good picture quality. Techgirl30 mentioned “Love it the graphics are amazing and clear!” in their review of the Samsung S29E790C and scored it 7 stars. Jm103 wrote “The picture quality is amazing and he sound”.

One owner mentioned in their reviews that it had a flickering image. Saintm89 gave the product a score of 6 stars and mentioned on “The screen itself is crisp and flicker free and the ability to raise”.

One owner who reviewed this PC monitor considered that it had clear images. 1gamer wrote on “This monitor is wonderful for looking at multiple pages a the same time has a very crisp clarity and vibrant colors on movies” in their review of this PC monitor.

Read more Less


Good Technical Features

One customer who reviewed the product wrote that it had good features. Two years ago Kkhan scored it 8 stars and said “It is a very professional and good product with good features” in their review of this PC monitor.

Technical Details

Has an ECO Mode

The S29E790C has an ECO mode. Most of the other medium monitors that are a comparable age to this flatpanel monitor also have an ECO mode.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Game Mode

The S29E790C has a game mode, as do most of the other PC displays of this age and spec.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Stand Included

The S29E790C has a stand included. Most of the other flatpanel monitors of this age and type also have a stand included.

Chart Hide Chart Edit


Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Samsung S29E790C has a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other similar spec PC screens that have been on the market for around the same time as this PC screen also have a built-in speaker(s).

It may also be worth considering one of the alternative flatpanel monitors with a built-in speaker(s) currently available including because of it's better review score, the Predator XB271HU, the BX340CK, or the B346C ($525.00) all from Acer.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit


2560 X 1080 Pixels Display Resolution

The S29E790C has a maximum display resolution of 2560 x 1080 pixels. That's 33% more display resolution than a 1920 x 1080 pixels PC monitor, which is the most common display resolution. The best display resolution of all medium monitors that were released more than a year ago is 4096 x 2160 pixels and the worst is 1366 x 768 pixels.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Fast Response Time

Comparable spec PC displays that are a similar age to this LCD screen have response times of between 1ms and 25ms, and the average response time is 5.3ms. At only 4 milliseconds, the S29E790C has a quite fast response time compared to most of the other PC screens that are a comparable age to this PC display.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Only Mega Contrast Dynamic Contrast Ratio

This PC display has a Mega Contrast contrast ratio (dynamic), which is the most frequently found contrast ratio (dynamic) on flatpanel monitors that have been around for more than a year.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit


Features Picture-in-Picture Support

The S29E790C features Picture-in-Picture support, as do most of the other LCD screens of this age and type.

Chart Hide Chart Edit


Has an Energy Star Certified

The S29E790C has an Energy Star certified. Most of the other medium monitors that were launched around the same time as this flatpanel monitor also have an Energy Star certified.

Chart Hide Chart Edit


Unacceptable Noise Level

One customer considered that it was noisy. Cytan mentioned on “Speakers are nice and loud - I actually have it turned down to 33%” in their Samsung S29E790C review.


Released Over a Year Ago

Samsung released the S29E790C in April 2017.

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers samsung electronics ls29e790cnsen, samsung electronics s29e790c29, samsung electronics 2560x1080, samsung ls29e790cnsen, samsung 2560x1080, samsung s29e790c, samsung 300cdm2, samsung se790c
Barcodes 04053162803909, 08592978039233, 08806086678940

Other PC Monitors to Consider

Samsung U28E590 vs Samsung S29E790C

Samsung U28E590 vs Samsung S29E790C
Samsung U28E590 Samsung S29E790C
$ 365.00 $652.49
$287 Cheaper
Better User Reviews
3ms Faster Response Time
3 Times the Resolution
Only 1000:1 Typical Contrast Ratio

DELL U3415W vs Samsung S29E790C

DELL U3415W vs Samsung S29E790C
DELL U3415W Samsung S29E790C
$ 699.99 $652.49
Twelve More Awards
99% More Display Colour Count
One More DisplayPort
29% Shorter Height With Stand
$48 More Expensive
Only One HDMI Port

Acer B326 vs Samsung S29E790C

Acer B326 vs Samsung S29E790C
Acer B326 Samsung S29E790C
$ 499.99 $652.49
$153 Cheaper
10x Lighter Weight With Stand
One More Awards
Vastly More Display Colour Count
Three Times Lower RMS Rated Audio Power
One Less HDMI Port