Close
Share on
LG 31MU97B
LG 31MU97
7 Images + 12 Videos

Loading image...

LG 31MU97B PC Monitor

$1,299.90
31" 4096 X 2160 5000000:1 LCD Sep 2014
B
Display Diagonal Display Resolution Contrast Ratio (dynamic) Display Release Date $107.79 Electricity cost over 5 years
Four industry awards
Reasonably priced
Unacceptable noise level
39 Reviews + 4 Awards
ixbt.com Original Design hardware.info Ulitmate pcauthority.com.au Recommended uk.hardware.info Ulitmate
eBay $1,299.90 Go to Store
world-bestbuy $1,357.00 Go to Store
See All 3 Prices from 2 Stores | $1,299.90 - $1,357.00 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Up by $390.98 (30%)

There was a cheaper price of $948.91 at PC Rush 61 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 79% chance that the price will go up further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 21% chance that the price will actually go back down.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


Reviews

Four Industry Awards

Two expert review sites both thought that this medium monitor was good. This LG LCD screen received an "Original Design" award from review site Ixbt.com who said it was carefully designed and website Pcauthority.com.au gave it a "Recommended" award, confirming their endorsement.

This LCD screen received an "Ulitmate" award from both Hardware.info and Uk.hardware.info.

Good Expert Reviews

Three experts from sites including tweakers.net, prad.de and pcauthority.com.au have rated this PC screen on average 87 out of 100. If all the flatpanel monitors of this type and age are ranked by average expert review score then this PC display is in the top 14%.

User Reviews Are Average

On average, based on 40 user reviews the average user rating of this LCD screen is 77%. Over 76% of reviewers gave this LCD screen either 4 or 5 stars and 76% of those asked said they would recommend buying it to others.

Good Brand

Based on 3,721 expert and user reviews (including 757 verified purchases), LG has good reviews for its flatpanel monitors. LG also has good reviews specifically for its medium monitors compared to other brands. 89% of those that bought a LG PC monitor would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.

Chart Hide Chart

Features

Good Technical Features

One person who bought this PC monitor mentioned that it had good features.


Design

Reliable

Three customers who purchased the LG 31MU97 reckoned that it was well made. Duncan Ransom he said “All metal design and general build add a really nice air of opulence!(this is all based on a revision 02 model, received March 2015)Colour profiles available are” in his review of this PC monitor. Supercoach wrote “The monitor is well made and gives a superb picture” .

One person who reviewed it concluded that it was reliable. Two years ago Bhphotovideo.com said “Reliable Performance” in their review of this PC monitor.

Read more Less

Good Quality

Four customers concluded that this PC monitor was good quality. Two years ago Bhphotovideo.com mentioned “Great picture quality” in their LG 31MU97 review. Also two years ago Jeremy wrote on Bhphotovideo.com “Overall the quality seems good”. A J Clayton wrote in their LG 31MU97 review on Amazon “The colours are excellent and the build quality is great, although I find that the stand is a bit wobbly at times”.

Nice Design

Five owners said in their reviews that it was good looking. Basspig mentioned “The HP monitors can be viewed from any reasonable angle and the brightness, contrast and colors remain pretty consistent”. Aaron Budiman mentioned on Bhphotovideo.com “Pretty decent speakers too! Cons” and gave it a score of 7 stars. Sean mentioned on Walmart.com “This monitor is pretty great! I have had a few issues with flickering occasionally” and gave the product a score of 5 stars.

Easy to Setup

Four customers who reviewed the LG 31MU97 thought it was easy to use. Gohio said on Walmart.com “The features are good and it is easy to use and set up” and rated the product 8 stars. Jeremy said in his review of this PC monitor on Bhphotovideo.com “Having a powered USB Hub in a monitor is very handy” and gave the product a rating of 8 stars. Jesserpi gave it a rating of 7 stars and mentioned on Bhphotovideo.com “An equivalently priced 4k HDTV is both bigger and better at backlight control”.

One person said in their reviews that the product was easy to setup. Bhphotovideo.com said in their LG 31MU97 review “Easy To Set Up”. One owner thought it was easy to use the menus.

Read more Less

Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The LG 31MU97 has a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other flatpanel monitors of a comparable age and type to this PC display also have a built-in speaker(s).

We compared this PC monitor to all the other flatpanel monitors with a built-in speaker(s) and we think the PA328 ($939.99), and the PQ321QE both from Asus or the Apple 27" Thunderbolt Display ($1,099) which has better reviews is also worth considering.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Two HDMI Ports

Most LCD screens of a similar type and age to this PC screen have between one and three HDMI ports, including the LG 31MU97 which has two HDMI ports.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an Audio Output

The LG 31MU97 has an audio output, as do most of the other medium monitors that are a similar age to this LCD screen.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Has an Energy Star Certified

The LG 31MU97 has an Energy Star certified, as do most of the other PC displays of this age and type.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Good Picture Quality

Two customers said in their reviews that it had good picture quality.

Two customers concluded that the product had good colour saturation. Duncan Ransom said on Amazon “Blacks are black, colours are eye-popping (in a good way!), refresh rate, for a 4K IPS panel is great (60hz), so even moderate level gamers can use this”.

One customer considered that the LG 31MU97 had a wide viewing angle. Basspig scored the product 5 stars and said in their review of this PC monitor on Bhphotovideo.com “Perhaps this is their first IPS panel and the reviewers came from TN panels, so were not used to good black levels and a true 178 degree viewing angle”.

One owner who purchased the product concluded that it had a flickering image. Eric mentioned “One has constant luminance flickering” in his review of this PC monitor.

Read more Less

Audio

Unacceptable Noise Level

One owner said in their reviews that the LG 31MU97 was noisy. Oldoj wrote in their review of this PC monitor on Walmart.com “Occasionally, when turned on for a period of time, there is a loud popping sound (like a capacitor discharging)”.


Packaging Content

Only Has Three Cables Included

The LG 31MU97 has a greater number of cables included than most flatpanel monitors of a similar type and age to it. The most frequently found cables included is AC, but this cables included is not found on this PC screen. The cables included DisplayPort, HDMI and USB are also found on this LCD screen.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Display

Only 4096 X 2160 Pixels Display Resolution

This PC display has a display resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels, which is typical of many comparable spec PC displays that are a similar age to it.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Other

Released Over Two Years Ago

This LCD screen has been on the market since April 2017.

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers lg electronics 31mu97zbaeu, certified 31mu97b, code 31mu97zbaeu, lg 31mu97zbaeu, lg 4096x2160, lg 7874cm31, lg 31mu97b
Barcodes 00719192195530, 04053162879188, 04053162974944, 05054629503027, 08806084930859, 08806084930866, 08806087497922

Other PC Monitors to Consider

DELL UP2715K vs LG 31MU97

DELL UP2715K vs LG 31MU97
DELL UP2715K LG 31MU97
$ 1,749.99 $1,299.90
User Reviews Are Significantly Better
17x Lighter Weight With Stand
Better HD Type
Twice As Good Display Type
$450 More Expensive
More Expensive to Run Over Five Years by 93%

DELL U3415W vs LG 31MU97

DELL U3415W vs LG 31MU97
DELL U3415W LG 31MU97
$ 699.99 $1,299.90
$600 Cheaper
Six More Awards
Vastly Better Tweakers.net Review
User Reviews Are Better
Only 2, 4 USB Type-A Downstream Ports
Only One HDMI Port

Viewsonic VP2780 vs LG 31MU97

Viewsonic VP2780 vs LG 31MU97
Viewsonic VP2780 LG 31MU97
$ 599.94 $1,299.90
$700 Cheaper
Two More Awards
Higher Contrast Ratio
User Reviews Are Appreciably Better
Lower Resolution
Shorter Mean Time Between Failures
Feedback