Share on
DELL S2240
32 Images + 5 Videos

Loading image...

DELL S2240T PC Monitor

$117.00 $18.00 cheaper than 21 days ago
21.5" 1920 X 1080 8000000:1 LED Feb 2014
Display Diagonal Display Resolution Contrast Ratio (dynamic) Display Release Date $38.21 Electricity cost over 5 years
Good expert reviews
Running costs are very low
Well made
41 Reviews
eBay $117.00 Go to Store
Sam's Club $135.00 Go to Store
Adorama $259.00 Go to Store
See All 8 Prices from 4 Stores | $117.00 - $349.65 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product


Price Has Gone Down by $18 (13%)

The price has dropped from $135 to $117 in the last 21 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 63% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 37% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Good Expert Reviews

This PC display received a rating of 85% from LCD screen expert review site

User Reviews Are Excellent

On average, S2240 owners rated this flatpanel monitor 90%. Over 90% of reviewers gave this flatpanel monitor either 4 or 5 stars.

Good Brand

Based on 6,246 user and expert reviews (including 1,109 verified purchases), DELL has good reviews for its PC monitors. DELL also has good reviews specifically for its medium monitors compared to other brands. 93% of those that bought a DELL PC screen would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Well Made

Six owners considered that the DELL S2240 was well made. wrote “The lock is very solid and the monitors don't wobble at all if I accidentally bump the desk”. also said “Both monitors produce a solid black and neither has ANY light bleed” in their review. Two years ago Jason T. mentioned on “Mac and Windows both have very easy to use color calibration utilities built in - USE THEM” in his DELL S2240 review and gave it a rating of 7 stars.

Two customers who reviewed it reckoned that it was reliable. Frank C. said on “Throughout the years they have been reliable” in his review of this PC monitor. Frank C. also said “I did own a Acer 17" LCD, which was reliable and had decent colors as well, no complaints” in his review.

One owner reckoned that the product was strong and durable. said in their review of this PC monitor “Stand is very sturdy” .

Read more Less

Good Quality

Five people said in their reviews that the DELL S2240 was good quality. mentioned “Very good picture quality”. also said “Dell's build quality is usually great” in their review. Brandon D. said on “This monitor is of such high quality, I don't see a reason to get anything else, unless you go for the Professional version(different from the Ultrasharp series”.

Good Looking

Five owners considered that the product was good looking. wrote “It has an auto-dimbright feature than I've gone back and forth on whether I like it or not (it can be both distracting and pretty cool” however they rated the product 1 stars. Justin L. mentioned three years ago “It's still a beautiful screen and monitor” . Jason T. said in his review of this PC monitor on “This monitor can display beautiful images if you let it”.

Two owners said in their reviews that it had a thin frame. One customer who purchased the product reckoned that it was ergonomic. wrote “Good ergonomics” in their review of this PC monitor.

One customer who reviewed it considered that it was smooth. said “Animations seem to be smooth in fsx with max settings” but despite that they only scored it 1 stars.

One person thought this PC monitor was well designed. mentioned in their DELL S2240 review “Glossy screen, sharp text, nice design, no dead or stuck pixels noticed yet” .

Read more Less

Easy to Use the Menus

Six people who bought this PC monitor agreed that it was easy to use the menus. wrote in their review of this PC monitor “Ghosting issues with BluRay movies were mostly resolved by tweaking the settings”. also said “The menu to change settings is nice” in their review. also wrote “The Menu is aligned to the buttons at the side of the” in their review.

Four customers who reviewed this PC monitor considered that it was easy to use. said “Great back light, nice color control, glossy screen lets the colors pop”. also mentioned “Clear Crisp Colors, Plenty of Depth - Deep Blacks, Easy to use Adjustment buttons located on the right side of the Monitor, Even Easier Adjustments via Dell Software” in their review. Justin L. mentioned “Also, you are unable to use a cable adapter due to the design of the plug area - it has a curved bottom which prevents the cable”.

One customer who purchased this PC monitor considered that it was easy to setup. wrote “Bright vivid color and an ease to set up” in their review of the DELL S2240.

Read more Less


Quite Wide Viewing Angle, Horizontal

Comparable spec PC displays that have been on the market for a similar time to this PC monitor have viewing angles, horizontal of between 18° and 1,800°, and the average viewing angle, horizontal is 170°. With a viewing angle, horizontal of 178 degrees, the DELL S2240 has a quite wide viewing angle, horizontal compared to most of the other medium monitors that were released more than two years ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an HDCP

The DELL S2240 has an HDCP, as do most of the other LCD screens of a comparable age and type to this PC monitor.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Slow Response Time

The DELL S2240 has a quite slow response time (7 milliseconds) compared to most of the other PC monitors of a comparable age and spec to this PC screen. The fastest response time of flatpanel monitors of this type and age is 1ms, the slowest is 40ms, and the average response time is 6.1ms.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

1920 X 1080 Pixels Display Resolution

This PC screen has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which is the most frequently found display resolution on medium monitors that have been available for around the same time as it.

Chart Hide Chart Edit


Has an Energy Star Certified

The DELL S2240 has an Energy Star certified, as do most of the other similar spec flatpanel monitors that were released around the same time as this PC screen.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Wide Viewing Angle

Three customers who reviewed it said that it had a wide viewing angle. Four years ago mentioned in their review of this PC monitor “The IPS' Panel's viewing angle really pays off with this widescreen for me when using it as my”. also said “Viewing angle compared to any of the other 5 or so monitor models I've purchased in the past year for 150” in their review. Expert review site gave the product a rating of 8 stars and said “The wide viewing angle and brilliant color accuracy makes it a p”.

Three customers who reviewed the DELL S2240 agreed that it had image ghosting. said in their review of this PC monitor “I've noticed no dead pixels, ghosting, or other such complaints” nonetheless they only gave it a score of 20 out of 100. also said “I haven't had any issues with ghosting in MY games” in their review.

One owner wrote in their reviews that this PC monitor had image blurring. mentioned in their review of this PC monitor “It's good for playing games too I didn't notice any blurring”. One person who bought this PC monitor considered that it had good picture quality.

One person mentioned in their reviews that the product had a sharp image. said “The color, brightness, sharpness” but they only gave it a score of 1 stars.

Read more Less


Does Not Have a Built-In Speaker(s)

The DELL S2240 does not have a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other PC monitors that have been around for a comparable time to this flatpanel monitor do have a built-in speaker(s).

Other LCD screens which also have a built-in speaker(s) that you might want to consider include the iiyama E2773HS, or the Philips 231P4Q which is also higher rated.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit


Released Over Three Years Ago

DELL released the S2240 in April 2017.

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers dell s2240mc
Barcodes 00777004569337, 00777004801512, 00884116091622, 04053162536258, 05054484745006, 05397063171323, 05397063314355

Other PC Monitors to Consider

Acer G227HQL vs DELL S2240

Acer G227HQL vs DELL S2240
Acer G227HQL DELL S2240
$ 75.00 $117.00
$42 Cheaper
Significantly Shallower
Better User Reviews
Higher Contrast Ratio
Higher Running Costs Over Five Years by $9.21
Slightly Heavier

Philips 223V5 vs DELL S2240

Philips 223V5 vs DELL S2240
Philips 223V5 DELL S2240
$ 99.99 $117.00
$17 Cheaper
Hugely Shallower
A Lot Lighter Weight With Stand
Faster Response Time
8 Times Lower Contrast Ratio
Hugely Lower User Review Score

DELL E2014H vs DELL S2240

DELL E2014H vs DELL S2240
DELL E2014H DELL S2240
$ 79.99 $117.00
$37 Cheaper
A Lot Faster Response Time
164.22mm Bigger Viewable Height
99% Smaller Viewable Width
Only 8000000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio