Share on
46 Images + 9 Videos

Loading image...

DELL P2815Q PC Monitor

28" LED 661.3mm Sep 2014
Display Diagonal Display Width Release Date $152.64 Electricity cost over 5 years
One industry award
Reasonably priced
Inferior picture quality
51 Reviews + 1 Award Recommended
Amazon US $570.70 Go to Store
1 Price from 1 Store | $570.70 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product


Price Has Gone Up by 47% (47%)

There was a cheaper price of $299.99 on eBay 72 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 68% chance that the price will go up further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 32% chance that the price will actually go back down.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


Four owners said that it was expensive. wrote in their review of this PC monitor “One of the (if not the) least expensive boards with four RAM slots” yet they only gave it a rating of 18.8 out of 100.

Russell wrote in his review of this PC monitor on Amazon “A 4K monitor which supports the standard refresh rate (60Hz, non-flicker) will be much more expensive”.

Read more Less


One Industry Award

Review websites endorse this PC display and have given it their "Recommended" award.

DELL Has Good Flatpanel Monitor Reviews

Based on 6,246 expert and user reviews (including 1,109 verified purchases), DELL has good ratings for its flatpanel monitors. DELL also has good ratings specifically for its medium monitors. 93% of those that bought a DELL PC display would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.

Expert Reviews Are Poor

On average, based on nine expert reviews from sites including Expert Reviews, PC Mag, and the average expert rating of this flatpanel monitor is 60 out of 100. That puts this DELL PC display in the bottom 8% of all the flatpanel monitors of this age and spec.

Average Owner Reviews

Based on 47 owner reviews this DELL PC monitor has an average owner rating of 68 out of 100.


Good Product Quality

Five customers who bought it considered that it was good quality. S. Tual wrote “The image quality is amazing.”. Three years ago Douglas Bogie Gray mentioned on Amazon “Great quality, tiny text”. Two years ago Amazon Customer mentioned in their review of the DELL P2815Q “Mouse lag is not an issue with surface pro, build quality is top notch, very happy customer”.

Well Made

Eight owners wrote that it was well made. mentioned in their review of this PC monitor “This was my first computer build i had never really messed with BIOS type stuff before” but even so they gave it a rating of 1 stars. Three years ago mentioned “The P2815Q is a well-built and solid performing monitor that is hampered by a 30Hz refresh rate” in their review of this PC monitor. Walter P. said “It's a solid board for what it does”.

Easy to Use

Four people who purchased it agreed that it was easy to use. mentioned “Very good and easy to use BIOS”. Dr E. gave it a score of 8 stars and said “Other motherboards may be just as easy to use, or have additional features (that I will never use).”. Douglas Bogie Gray mentioned on Amazon “You need excellent eyesight to use at full resolution” in his DELL P2815Q review.

One customer who reviewed it concluded that it was easy to assemble. Two years ago Jeremy I. wrote in his review of this PC monitor “GIGABYTE seems to build realy good stuff if i ever build another computer i will buy from GIGABYTE”.

Read more Less


Good Technical Guidance

Two people who bought this PC monitor agreed that it had good technical guidance. wrote “Comes with decent instructions”.


Has an Energy Star Certified

The DELL P2815Q has an Energy Star certified, as do most of the other PC displays that have been around for more than two years.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has Three Cables Included

The DELL P2815Q has a greater number of cables included than most medium monitors that have been on the market for a similar time to it. This flatpanel monitor has an AC cables included, which is the most commonly found cables included found on similar spec flatpanel monitors that have been available for more than two years. The cables included "DisplayPort" and "USB" are also found on this PC display.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Inferior Picture Quality

Three owners wrote in their reviews that this PC monitor did not have a good refresh rate. Simon Dawson mentioned in his review of this PC monitor “Refresh rate is not a problem at all (even under overhead fluorescents) as I don't play games on it”. Mr M Ferguson said “Ignore the reviews complaining about the 30HZ refresh rate at 4k or mouse delay unless you are a gamer” .

One owner who bought it thought it did not have good colour saturation. Adigra mentioned in their review of the DELL P2815Q “Colours are also not great”.

Read more Less

Smart TV

Does Not Have Email Functionality

One person who reviewed it concluded that it did not have email functionality. Two years ago said “Tech email is slow”.


Does Not Have a Built-In Speaker(s)

The DELL P2815Q does not have a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other PC screens of this age and spec do have a built-in speaker(s).

Other LCD screens which also have a built-in speaker(s) that you might want to consider include the Viewsonic VX2475SMHL-4K ($325.11), the iiyama GB2773HS, or the Samsung S32E590C which is also higher rated.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit


Quite Narrow Viewing Angle, Horizontal

When compared to other LCD screens of a similar spec and age to this PC screen that we have checked, the DELL P2815Q's viewing angle, horizontal of only 160 degrees is one of the narrowest. Across all the medium monitors that are a similar age to this PC display the viewing angles, horizontal range from 18° to 1,800°, and the average viewing angle, horizontal is 170°.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Only One HDMI Port

Most PC screens of a similar age and spec to this PC screen have between one and three HDMI ports, including the DELL P2815Q which has one HDMI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit


Released Over Two Years Ago

It was April 2017 when this medium monitor was released.

Product Identifiers

Barcodes 00884116142515, 04016138888515, 04053162535718, 05052184361953, 05054484611011, 05397063348169, 08841161425156

Other PC Monitors to Consider

Benq XL2730


$ 549.00
$22 Cheaper
Ten more awards
4ms faster response time
Only one DisplayPort
Acer S277hkwmidpp


$ 455.15
$116 Cheaper
Six more awards
Considerably better expert reviews
Only one DisplayPort
Acer H277HU


$ 0.00
$46.51 cheaper to run
Hugely better expert reviews
Newer by nine months
Sixty-four times less display colour count
Samsung U28D590D


$ 799.95
Cheaper to run by $57.86
Vastly faster response time
Six more awards
$229 More Expensive
Acer XG270HU


$ 439.86
$131 Cheaper
Faster response time
Seven more awards
1,056.93M less display colour count
LG 29UB67


$ 294.99
$276 Cheaper
2x lower maximum power consumption
57% cheaper to run
Only one DisplayPort