Close
Share on
Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS
Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS
14 Images + 18 Videos

Loading image...

Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS Digital Camera

$199.00
Compact Camera 20.2MP 12x Jul 2016
Camera Type Megapixel Optical Zoom Image Stabilizer Release Date
One industry award
Good product quality
Reasonably priced
7 Reviews
Best Buy $199.99 Go to Store
B&H Photo $199.99 Go to Store
eBay $291.16 Go to Store
See All 41 Prices from 17 Stores | $199.00 - $291.16 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Up by $24 (12%)

There was a cheaper price of $175 on eBay 18 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 48% chance that the price will go back down. However the future is never certain and there remains a 52% chance that the price will actually go up further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


Reviews

One Industry Award

One expert review site said that this camera was good. This Canon camera received "" award from Imaging Resource.com.

Excellent Brand

Based on 34,085 expert and owner reviews (including 2,835 verified purchases), Canon has excellent ratings for its digital cameras. Canon also has excellent ratings specifically within its high megapixel cameras range compared to other brands. 97% of those that bought a Canon digital camera would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Design

Good Product Quality

One person wrote that it was good quality. In April last year Simon wrote on Bhphotovideo.com “Extremely High Quality for the money camera”.

Easy to Use

One customer who purchased the product thought it was easy to use. Casey said on Bhphotovideo.com in April last year “It is simple to use”.

Nice Design

One person wrote in their reviews that the Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS was good looking.


Good Quality Lens

One customer said in their reviews that the product had a good lens. In April last year Steves-Digicams.com said on Steve's Digicams “The Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 HS is a 12x optical zoom lens point-and-shoot camera with built-in image stabilization” in their review of this digital camera.

One person reckoned that the product had a good zoom. Paul L. he mentioned “This camera is powerful - 12x zoom and 20 megapixels - more than I have on my larger camera”.

Read more Less

Good Video Capture

One owner mentioned that this digital camera was good for video recording.

Good Quality Pictures

Two people said that this digital camera was able to produce good images. Casey scored it the highest possible rating of 5 stars and he mentioned last year “Takes good pictures”.


Video

Supports Video Recording

The Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS supports video recording. Most of the other latest cameras also support video recording.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

1920 X 1080 Pixels Video Resolution

The highest video resolution supported by the Powershot ELPH 360 HS is 1920 x 1080 pixels. That's over two times the video resolution of a 1280 x 720 pixels digital camera, which is the most common video resolution supported by high megapixel cameras that were launched in the last 12 months. 1280 x 720 pixels is also supported by this digital camera. This Canon digital camera also supports a video resolutions of 640 x 480 pixels. A video resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels is equivalent to Full HD video. You will require a Full HD TV or better to appreciate this level of detail. Across all high megapixel cameras that have been available for a similar time to this digital camera the best video resolution is 3840 x 2160 pixels and the worst is 640 x 480 pixels.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Weight & Dimensions

Good Size

Two people thought it was compact. Imaging-Resource.com said last year “Like most other compact digital cameras nowadays” in their Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS review.

Very Light

The lightest high megapixel digital camera that is a comparable age to this digital camera is 110g and the heaviest is 920g. The Powershot ELPH 360 HS is one of the lighter high megapixel cameras that have been available for around the same time as this camera (only 130 grams) amongst high megapixel cameras of this age.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Picture Quality

Has an Image Stabilizer

The Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS has an image stabilizer. Most of the other new high megapixel cameras also have an image stabilizer.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Only 1920 X 1080 Still Image Resolution

The Powershot ELPH 360 HS has a 1920 x 1080 still image resolution(s) which is higher than the 6000 x 4000 still image resolution(s) found on most high megapixel cameras that were released in the last year. This digital camera also have still image resolution(s) of 5184 x 2912, 3648 x 2048, 640 x 360, 5184 x 3456, 3648 x 2432, 2048 x 1368, 640 x 424, 5184 x 3888, 3648 x 2736, 2048 x 1536, 2592 x 1944, 640 x 480, 3888 x 3888, 2736 x 2736 and 1536 x 1536 and 480 x 480. Across all cameras that have been around for around the same time as this camera the still image resolution ranges from 480 x 480 (worst) to 6000 x 4000 (best).

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Supports Wi-Fi

The Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS supports Wi-Fi. Most of the other digital cameras that were launched around the same time as this digital camera also support Wi-Fi.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Near Field Communication (NFC)

The Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS supports Near Field Communication (NFC), as do most of the other recently released high megapixel cameras.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has an AC Adapter Included

The Powershot ELPH 360 HS has an AC adapter included, as do most of the other latest cameras.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Batteries Included

The Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS has a batteries included. Most of the other recently released digital cameras also have a batteries included.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Audio

Features Voice Recording

The Powershot ELPH 360 HS features voice recording, as do most of the other high megapixel cameras that are a similar age to this camera.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Built-In Microphone

The Powershot ELPH 360 HS has a built-in microphone. Most of the other comparable spec cameras that were released in the last year also have a built-in microphone.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Technical Details

Has a Self-Timer

The Powershot ELPH 360 HS has a self-timer. Most of the other digital cameras that came out in the last 12 months also have a self-timer.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Supports PictBridge

The Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS supports PictBridge, as do most of the other latest similar spec cameras.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an HDMI

The Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS has an HDMI. Most of the other similar spec cameras that have been around for around the same time as this camera also have an HDMI.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lens System

Fairly Long Maximum Focal Length (35mm Film Equiv)

The Powershot ELPH 360 HS has one of the longer maximum focal lengths (35mm film equiv) (300 millimeters) amongst similar spec cameras of this age. High megapixel cameras that are a comparable age to this camera have maximum focal lengths (35mm film equiv) of between 35mm and 1,200mm, and the average maximum focal length (35mm film equiv) is 270mm.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Large Minimum Aperture Number

The smallest minimum aperture number of similar spec cameras that were launched around the same time as this digital camera is 1.8 and the largest is 22. The Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS has a quite large minimum aperture number (3.6) compared to most of the other high megapixel cameras that came out around the same time as this digital camera.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Average Digital Zoom

At 4 times zoom factor, the Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS has a fairly average digital zoom compared to most of the other recently released high megapixel cameras.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Average Optical Zoom

At 12 times zoom factor, the Powershot ELPH 360 HS has a relatively standard optical zoom compared to most of the other high megapixel cameras that came out in the last year.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Camera

Does Not Have a GPS (satellite)

The Powershot ELPH 360 HS does not have a GPS (satellite). Most of the other high megapixel cameras that were launched in the last 12 months also do not have a GPS (satellite).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Other

Released Nine Months Ago

This camera has been on the market since April 2017.


Display

Average Display Diagonal

With a display diagonal of 3 inches, the Powershot ELPH 360 HS has a pretty typical display diagonal compared to most of the other comparable spec digital cameras that have been on the market for the last year.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Barcodes 00013803269598, 00013803269604, 00013803269611

Other Digital Cameras to Consider

$68 Cheaper
0.6 smaller minimum aperture
6% lighter
1,600 lower maximum ISO speed
Sony DSC-WX80

Sony
DSC-WX80

$ 0.00
Hugely bigger digital zoom
9,600 higher maximum ISO speed
22g lighter
Shorter maximum camera shutter speed
Nine more awards
Bigger combined zoom
450mm longer maximum focal length
$131 More Expensive
Canon SX620 HS

Canon
SX620 HS

$ 219.97
52% bigger optical zoom
Vastly longer maximum focal length
52% bigger combined zoom
$21 More Expensive
Two more awards
30.03fps higher JPEG frame rate
3,200 higher maximum ISO speed
$27 More Expensive
Hugely bigger optical zoom
Longer maximum focal length
Marginally shorter minimum focal length
$47 More Expensive
Feedback