Close
Share on
Canon PowerShot ELPH 180
Canon PowerShot ELPH 180
4 Images + 18 Videos

Loading image...

Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 Digital Camera

$108.88
Compact Camera 20MP 8x Apr 2016
Camera Type Megapixel Optical Zoom Image Stabilizer Release Date
Excellent brand
Good product quality
Good size
eBay $108.88 Go to Store
Best Buy $119.99 Go to Store
B&H Photo $119.00 Go to Store
See All 42 Prices from 18 Stores | $108.88 - $176.98 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Up by $48.88 (45%)

There was a cheaper price of $60 on eBay 69 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 60% chance that the price will go up further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 40% chance that the price will actually go back down.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


Reviews

Excellent Brand

Based on 34,085 expert and owner reviews (including 2,835 verified purchases), Canon has excellent ratings for its cameras. Canon also has excellent ratings specifically for its high megapixel cameras compared to other brands. 97% of those that bought a Canon digital camera would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Design

Good Product Quality

One owner who bought the product mentioned that it was good quality. Steves-Digicams.com mentioned on Steve's Digicams in April last year “With a 20-megapixel CCD image sensor and an 8x optical zoom lens, you can shoot everything from high quality stills to 720p HD video” and rated the product 6 stars.


Weight & Dimensions

Good Size

One person who reviewed it thought it was compact. Imaging-Resource.com wrote in their Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 review “Canon's new entry-level ultra compact PowerShot ELPH 180 succeeds last year's ELPH 160” and rated it 5 stars.

Light

Across all the high megapixel cameras that were launched more than a year ago the weights range from 110g to 1.3kg. The PowerShot ELPH 180 is one of the lightest similar spec cameras that are a comparable age to this digital camera (only 111 grams) amongst cameras of this age.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Video

Supports Video Recording

The Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 supports video recording. Most of the other similar spec cameras that came out more than a year ago also support video recording.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Full HD Video

supports Full HD video

The Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 supports Full HD video. Most of the other cameras that are a comparable age to this digital camera also support Full HD video.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Picture Quality

Has an Image Stabilizer

The Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 has an image stabilizer, as do most of the other cameras of this age and spec.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Display

Has a Vari-Angle LCD Display

The Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 has a vari-angle LCD display, as do most of the other similar spec cameras that were released around the same time as this digital camera.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Very Small Display Diagonal

Digital cameras of this age and type have display diagonals of between 2.7" and 3.2", and the average display diagonal is 3". With a display diagonal of only 2.7 inches, the PowerShot ELPH 180 has a fairly small display diagonal compared to most of the other cameras of a similar spec and age to this camera.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Very Low Display Resolution (numeric)

Cameras that are a comparable age to this camera have display resolutions (numeric) of between 20 pixels and 1,300,000 pixels, and the average display resolution (numeric) is 700,000 pixels. With a display resolution (numeric) of only 230,000 pixels, the PowerShot ELPH 180 has one of the lower display resolutions (numeric) amongst similar spec cameras of this age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Battery Charger Included

The Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 has a battery charger included. Most of the other comparable spec digital cameras that have been around for around the same time as this digital camera also have a battery charger included.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Hand Strap

The PowerShot ELPH 180 has a hand strap, as do most of the other cameras of a similar age and type to this digital camera.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Batteries Included

The PowerShot ELPH 180 has a batteries included, as do most of the other cameras of a similar age and type to this digital camera.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Technical Details

Has a Self-Timer

The PowerShot ELPH 180 has a self-timer, as do most of the other digital cameras of this type and age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Supports PictBridge

The PowerShot ELPH 180 supports PictBridge. Most of the other similar spec digital cameras that are a comparable age to this camera also support PictBridge.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Audio

Has a Built-In Microphone

The Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 has a built-in microphone, as do most of the other digital cameras of this age and spec.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lens System

Quite Small Minimum Aperture Number

The average minimum aperture number of cameras of a similar age and spec to this digital camera is 3.6, and the minimum aperture numbers range from 1.8 to 16. At only 3.2, the PowerShot ELPH 180 has a fairly small minimum aperture number compared to most of the other comparable spec digital cameras that have been available for a similar time to this camera.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Very Small Digital Zoom

The smallest digital zoom of cameras of a similar age and type to this camera is 2x and the biggest is 130x. With a digital zoom of only 4 times zoom factor, the PowerShot ELPH 180 has one of the smaller digital zooms amongst high megapixel cameras of this age.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Fairly Long Minimum Focal Length (35mm Film Equiv)

At 28 millimeters, the PowerShot ELPH 180 has a fairly long minimum focal length (35mm film equiv) compared to most of the other cameras of this spec and age. The average minimum focal length (35mm film equiv) of high megapixel cameras that were released one year ago is 26mm.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Average Optical Zoom

At 8 times zoom factor, the PowerShot ELPH 180 has a fairly standard optical zoom compared to most of the other high megapixel cameras that have been on the market for around the same time as this camera.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Light Exposure

Supports Thirteen ISO Sensitivities

The number of ISO speeds supported by the Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 is more than most cameras of this age and spec. This Canon camera supports a 100 ISO sensitivity, which is the most frequently supported ISO sensitivity supported by similar spec digital cameras that have been around for more than a year. The ISO sensitivities "125", "160", "200", "250", "320", "400", "500", "640", "800", "1000", "1250" and "1600" are also supported by this Canon digital camera.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Battery

Only 230 Battery Life (CIPA Standard)

The PowerShot ELPH 180 is a camera that takes 230 shots battery life (CIPA standard). Most of the other digital cameras of this age and type take between 150 and 4,699 battery life (CIPA standard).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Other

Released Over a Year Ago

This camera has been on the market since April 2017.

Product Identifiers

Barcodes 00013803269543

Other Digital Cameras to Consider

Coolpix S9900 vs PowerShot ELPH 180

Nikon Coolpix S9900 vs Canon PowerShot ELPH 180
Nikon Coolpix S9900 Canon PowerShot ELPH 180
$ 679.88 $108.88
Smaller Maximum Aperture
Higher Display Resolution
Higher Maximum ISO Speed
Bigger Optical Zoom
$571 More Expensive
88% Shorter Maximum Camera Shutter Speed

Coolpix S6900 vs PowerShot ELPH 180

Nikon Coolpix S6900 vs Canon PowerShot ELPH 180
Nikon Coolpix S6900 Canon PowerShot ELPH 180
$ 225.75 $108.88
Higher Maximum ISO Speed
Higher Display Resolution
Higher JPEG Frame Rate
Bigger Optical Zoom
$117 More Expensive
Three Times Shorter Maximum Camera Shutter Speed

SX720 HS vs PowerShot ELPH 180

Canon SX720 HS vs Canon PowerShot ELPH 180
Canon SX720 HS Canon PowerShot ELPH 180
$ 284.99 $108.88
80% Bigger Optical Zoom
Significantly Longer Maximum Focal Length
76% Higher Display Resolution
50% Higher Maximum ISO Speed
$176 More Expensive
Significantly Heavier
Feedback